Our Mooresville, NC counseling services are designed to improve your mental and emotional health.
Lisa Monson is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC) and founder of Renewal Counseling. She has experience and training in a variety of settings and has a passion for empowering and equipping individuals. She offers hope and helps clients navigate through their circumstances.
Lisa believes we are whole persons, with physical, psychological, social, and spiritual aspects. She has been trained on an approach that includes an integration of her Christian faith and compatible psychological perspectives. Most often, she counsels from the theoretical approaches of cognitive behavioral, client centered, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), family systems, and Christian counseling.
Lisa works with adult individuals who are experiencing a variety of difficulties, including anxiety, trauma, abuse, grief, loss, depression, illnesses, or other concerns. No matter what your situation may be, her goal is to help you achieve relief and improved quality of life.
If you are interested in the counseling services provided at Renewal Counseling, or if you would like to discuss which options best meet your needs, please contact us today. We are available to assist you and would love to help you find your way to improved mental and emotional health.
Lisa Monson, MA, LCMHC, NCC
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor, LCMHC
- National Certified Counselor, NCC (#269774 Issued 2013, current)
- Member of American Counseling Association ID# 6455703
- Master of Arts in Christian Counseling from Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary, 2010
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1998
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- South Carolina Professional Counselor Telehealth Provider (Credential #387, issued 2023)
When Lisa is not counseling she enjoys spending time with her husband, dog, family, and friends. She and her husband, Chuck, are members of Christ Community. Lisa’s interests include traveling, spending time on Lake Norman, working out, and reading.